The vast majority of people who visit a chiropractor in Clermont have similar complaints: they are experiencing pain or discomfort in the neck or the back area. In fact, about 35% of the 22 million Americans who visit chiropractors every year are trying to obtain relief related to back pain related to accidents, injuries, and strains. This number keeps growing:
- At any given time, approximately 31 million Americans are experiencing lower back pain.
- Back pain costs Americans at least $50 billion every year, not including losses in productivity and time off from work.
Many people who visit a chiropractor for back pain manage to find relief through chiropractic adjustment. However, many patients also find themselves coming back to their chiropractor in Clermont for other reasons, once they discover that a chiropractor can be a valuable resource for helping them achieve a healthier lifestyle. Here, we will look at the different ways that a chiropractor can help you, both in terms of managing back pain, and in providing you with overall wellness services.
The main focus of chiropractic care is making corrections to the neck and back. This includes chiropractic adjustment, which involves moving the joints of the spine back into alignment, providing relief from pain and discomfort that is caused by a condition known as subluxation. By making these adjustments, chiropractors open up the pathways of your nervous system, keeping your vertebrae in alignment so that they do not cause undue pressure on the spinal cord.
When the back is in alignment, the nervous system is permitted to operate at optimum capacity, speeding the body’s ability to recover in a natural way. Your chiropractor in Clermont may also recommend certain corrective exercises to supplement your adjustments, which can make your spinal corrections up to 30-40% more effective.
Aside from chiropractic adjustment and therapeutic exercises, your chiropractor may conduct screenings to check your posture, recommending changes in how you sit or stand in order to improve the condition of your back. He or she may also make suggestions about incorporating more ergonomic accommodations into places where you frequently sit, stand, or sleep. These are all natural and effective ways that chiropractors have of addressing back pain issues that plague millions of Americans each year.
Better Health and Wellness
Chiropractic adjustment is effective for more than just back pain. As mentioned, these adjustments keep your back and spine healthy, which in turn leads to greater overall health. When your nervous system is functioning correctly, your brain is better able to send signals to different parts of your body, facilitating better overall function and the ability to heal naturally from different conditions.
A chiropractor in Clermont also often provides guidance on other general health matters:
- Nutrition. If you are trying to lose weight or simply want to have a better overall diet, your chiropractor can provide you with great information about proper eating, ensuring you meet all of your nutrition needs. He or she can also help you find the best sources for quality whole foods, helping you eliminate processed foods from your diet that are low on substance and packed with unnecessary calories.
- Supplements. Many chiropractors offer dietary supplements as part of their overall wellness programs. These supplements will often be natural, high-quality vitamins and minerals that can offer benefits such as boosting your immune system, helping you maintain heart health, and providing you with extra energy throughout the day.
- Exercise. In addition to therapeutic exercises, a chiropractor in Clermont can recommend alternative workout programs that take into consideration any limitations that you might have, so that you can experience the benefits of getting regular exercise.
These areas are all part of the programs that chiropractors offer to help their patients achieve better overall health and wellness. There are also a number of acute conditions that chiropractors can help you with, including headaches, problems with joints and muscles, fibromyalgia, and injuries caused through playing sports or being the victim of a car accident.
If you have a specific need but are not sure whether chiropractic care is right for you, we recommend that you call us at the South Lake Wellness & Injury Center. We can offer you guidance and answer your questions about whether chiropractic care is the right choice for you.
Have you ever used a chiropractor? What was your condition, and how did the chiropractor help? We would love to hear about your experiences in the comments below this article.
Benefits and Risks of Chiropractic Care
Seeing a chiropractor can lead to better overall health for you and your family. However, you may have some concerns about benefits and risks. First, you should note that chiropractic care is frequently cited as being safe, drug-free, and non-invasive. This approach to health care leads to fewer instances of injury or complications when compared to other forms of medical treatment. Often, a chiropractor can offer effective, conservative care with significantly less risk. Consider these factors:
- Workers who suffer from similar back injuries are 28 times less likely to undergo surgery on the spine if they first contact a chiropractor versus a surgeon.
- The cost of seeing a doctor of chiropractic is about 20% less on average compared with seeing a medical doctor.
- Even the NFL has seen the benefits of chiropractic: all 32 teams use chiropractors to assist with dealing with injuries and optimizing performance among players.
Seeing a chiropractor in Clermont carries little risk; the most common complaint after an adjustment is some mild soreness or stiffness, but these issues usually fade in a matter of hours, usually resolving within about 1 day of your visit. More serious complications are exceedingly rare; in fact, chiropractors have some of the lowest malpractice insurance rates among health care professionals due to the exceptionally low risk of receiving care.
If you are interested in learning more about what chiropractic can do for you, we invite you to call us and visit our offices. We can discuss your needs and health goals, and determine if chiropractic care is the right choice for you.